Switzerland of America Jeeps
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to 2024. We are so excited for this coming season.
Please note this year we will only offer 4 door Jeeps either a Rubicon Hardtop or a Willy Softtop.
Open May 17th-Oct 13th (weather dependent) Closed July 4th
Ouray’s Hometown Tradition for Exciting Jeep Adventures
Are you ready to discover ‘The Switzerland of America’ and the spectacular mountains surrounding Ouray, Colorado?
Since 1962, Switzerland of America Jeeps has been providing quality Jeep adventures from a little blue, red and white building on 7th Avenue, smack-dab in the middle of this charming turn-of-the-century town. Some things may have changed, but our passion for sharing the exhilarating beauty, history, wildlife, and waterfalls of the San Juan Mountains has not.
If you are looking for something special… magnificent mountain vistas, wildflower filled meadows, crystal clear mountain streams, bighorn sheep, black bear, marmots, or white-tailed deer, this is an experience you don’t want to miss. Choose from an adventurous Guided 4×4 tour, or treat yourself to a Private Jeep Safari. Ready for the next step? Rent a Jeep and go on your own to explore the 4wd trails connecting Ouray, Silverton, Lake City and Telluride.
We invite you to make Switzerland of America Jeep Adventures part of your own Ouray, Colorado tradition.
12 Amazing Things to do in a Jeep
- Watch the water ripple across a lake @ 12,100 ft
- Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy at Animas Forks
- Stargaze beside the Yankee Girl Mill
- Look for moose in South Mineral Springs
- Splash in the Twin Falls at Yankee Boy Basin
- Take pictures of the colorful wildflowers in Governor Basin
- Cruise to the top of the Red Mountains at Sunset…with your top down
- Camp overnight on Pole Creek
- Climb the highest 4×4 pass in SW Colorado
- Find pyrite and quartz crystal at Yellow Rose Falls
- Fish the headwaters of the Rio Grande
- Slow down, breathe deeply and enjoy the mountains.
Enjoy a 4×4 Guided Tour
One of our favorite ways to see the San Juan Mountains is with an all-day or half-day guided scenic Jeep tour. Each guided mountain tour begins in Ouray and quickly climbs into the majestic landscapes of Yankee Boy, Imogene Pass, Engineer, Corkscrew, Black Bear Pass and many more. Whether you are looking for breath-taking mountain vistas, ghost towns, rugged alpine terrain, thundering waterfalls or fields of colorful alpine wildflowers, one of our guided 4×4 tours is the recipe for an amazing and memorable experience.